What a pilgrimage, as the world bourgeoisie’s political chiefs rushed off to South Africa to show their respects at Nelson Mandela’s funeral! Bush, Obama, Clinton, Sarkozy, Hollande, Cameron et.al.: the whole lot – friends and enemies, old and new – all reverently joined together to canonise him. Even their enemies (declared or nominally non-aligned), from the Chinese delegate to Castro from Cuba, or Lula from Brazil, not to mention “socialists” like Tony Blair, would not have missed this pious communion for the world; attendance was a point of honour! Which raises the question: How on earth can you explain this planet-wide assembly to celebrate a dead man? Continue reading
Keep up to date
- Political situation in France after the first round of Presidential elections
- Situation politique en France après le premier tour des élections
- The United Fishermen No. 5
- May Day Message from the WRP Namibia
- From the Archive: The Way Forward in North Africa and the Middle East
- Hewat Beukes discusses the Past, Present and Future of the WRP Namibia
- Solidarity Statement with The Socialist Party of Zambia and Comrade Fred M’membe
- Issue 6 of Die Werker out now.
- What Numsa decided in December 2013
- A reply to Martin Jensen: The Numsa Moment – Has it lost Momentum?
TagsANC Angola Austerity Balazs Nagy Bob Archer Bosnia Capital China Colonialism COSATU crisis Croatia Europe Fourth International France Front National Greece Hewat Beukes Hollande Imperialism India Mandela Marikana Metal Workers Miners Namibia NUMSA Publications SACP South Africa Stalinism SWAPO SYRIZA The Journal The Worker Tunisia Tuzla Ukraine United Front Workers Charter workers control Workers International WRP Youth Zambia