There is no point simply repeating the results of the latest Italian elections. Everybody knows them. We also know the astonishment, apprehension and barely-disguised fear they caused among the bourgeoisie and its European satraps and propagandists. Even most of those who are genuinely against these were completely gobsmacked. So pretty much nobody understands what is going on. To penetrate the mystery of it all, you obviously need to go a bit further, to look behind the contestants’ political badges and the voting figures. Those colours and facades are only the superficial, immediate and direct reflections of a deeper-going relationship of forces between social classes. Of course this means looking at the political actors and the votes they get. But it also means, unlike all the — sincere or partisan, merely superficial or frankly cosmetic – commentators, looking a little more closely behind the candidates’ branding and costumes, especially if you hope to derive useful lessons of general interest beyond the borders of Italy. Continue reading
- Luxfer doit vivre : itw d’Axel Peronczyk, délégué syndical CGT de l’usine
- Political training in South Africa under “lockdown”
- Comments on some contributions to a discussion on the significance of the Coronavirus pandemic and the way forward
- International Appeal from Namibia Fishermen United
- New Issue 13 Die Werker out now!
- A powerful manifesto and a serious appeal
- Defend Casual Workers Advice Office in Johannesburg!
- Out Now! Latest issue of Die Werker, June 2019
- Algeria: Release all the political prisoners immediately!
- New issue of Die Werker
TagsANC Angola Austerity Balazs Nagy Bob Archer Bosnia Capital China Colonialism COSATU COVID-19 crisis Croatia Die Werker Fishermen Fourth International France Front National Greece Hewat Beukes Imperialism Mandela Marikana Metal Workers Miners Namibia NUMSA SACP South Africa SRWP Stalinism SWAPO SYRIZA The Journal The Worker Tunisia Tuzla Ukraine United Front Workers Charter workers control Workers International WRP Zambia Zuma